- Don’t look at blogs of people who start following yours, if they include a post called “Make money blogging.” Don’t worry, they’ll go away soon.
- Don’t use search engine optimization techniques, which are pretty complicated, it seems to me, but which include repeating tag phrases at least three times, and using the most popular tags when you can.
- Don’t solicit or allow advertising or sponsorship.
- Tell the truth about specific brand names, products, retailers, and corporations.
- Write from your heart without trying to appeal to any particular market of readers.
- Don’t brand yourself; show that you contain a mosaic of realities, sometimes change your views, have moods and inconsistencies, and have a broad range of interests, many of which are not areas of expertise.
How not to make money blogging